How to use your Example solution in a sharePoint Site?

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Hi,

I was able to successfully build the solution and I see a .wsp being generated. I uploaded this solution into solution gallery and then I do not see any features not list instances added to my sharepoint site...Can you please post detail steps on how to view these examples on a sharepoint site?
Coordinator
Aug 6, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Hi,

Samples is SharePoint App. To run samples you should install developer tools for office and sharepoint, then open solution, enter sharepoint\office 365 url and credentials, then hit F5.

Or you can build .spapp file, put it into solutions catalog and add it to your site.
Aug 10, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Hi gandjustas,

Thanks for the reply. Your first option probably will not work for me as I dont have a SharePoint installed VM. So I will have to try building a .spapp file. I will see if I can do that.

Thank you.
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Hi,

In most cases, first option gandjustas described should be ok.

E.g. below is the screenshot of project settings I use for deploying the project to Office 365:

Project Properties

Having such settings in place, right click on the project and select "Deploy". Alternatively, F5 should also work :)

Hope it helps.

Best,
Andrei
Aug 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Hi Andrei,

I tried exactly what you mentioned above: when I try to deploy below are the list of errors that show up(I think they are mainly because of a missing feature XML for mQuery). I really would like to see these scripts in action and help learn Javascript CSOM.

Error 1 A Project Item with the following item ID could not be found: b2bc5648-828d-4dd7-8044-e42f0b79a58f D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.feature SPTypeScript
Error 2 A Project Item with the following item ID could not be found: 89c303b5-fdb9-4de3-b9f2-f7ad6f06c29b D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.feature SPTypeScript
Error 3 A Project Item with the following item ID could not be found: 8b7ba033-7866-4904-b4a3-35f82937c0be D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.feature SPTypeScript
Error 4 A Project Item with the following item ID could not be found: 5f2aa50d-acd4-492d-96a5-5f1f70275403 D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.feature SPTypeScript
Error 5 A Project Item with the following item ID could not be found: c75a54fe-47b4-48dc-9735-1298472ef24a D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.feature SPTypeScript
Warning 6 The required attribute 'Id' is missing. D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.Template.xml 2 2 SPTypeScript
Warning 7 The required attribute 'Scope' is missing. D:\CSOMTYPESCRIPTDEF\SPTypeScript\sptypescript\SPTypeScript\Features\MainFeature\MainFeature.Template.xml 2 2 SPTypeScript

I appreciate your help,

Thanks
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Hi Andrei,

Never mind..I was able to successfully install the app by cleaning and providing a Office 365 URL in the siteURL property.

I will let you know if any other issues arise.

Thank you...for this..